SUBSCRIBESIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Priority Development Area
The Southport Priority Development Area (PDA) Development scheme marks a major milestone in the planning of the CBD as it will guide planning and development within the Southport PDA. This momentous scheme was adopted by the State Government on 5 September 2014.
The Southport PDA significantly boosts our plans to revitalise Southport as the Gold Coast CBD. The principles guiding the scheme are simple, by removing barriers to development, investor and developer confidence is boosted within Southport, ensuring the delivery of a vibrant CBD – the definitive centre for commerce on the Gold Coast.
The Southport PDA Scheme now supersedes the Interim Land Use Plan which no longer has effect. All development applications will now be assessed against the Southport PDA Scheme.
The Southport PDA includes the former Gold Coast hospital site, Gold Coast Aquatic Centre for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games™, Broadwater Parklands and residential areas located directly north of Railway Street and south of Queen Street, in an area of 195.7 hectares.
The Southport PDA will:
- attract national and international investment through a streamlined and facilitated approach to development
- engage residents and visitors through high quality urban design
- connect to local and regional centres as a multi-modal public transport hub
- celebrate Southport’s unique natural setting and connection to the Broadwater by continuing to provide attractive and functional public spaces
- maximise infrastructure investments including Gold Coast Chinatown, light rail, the Aquatic Centre for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games™ and the Southport Broadwater Parklands.
To view the Southport PDA please download the Southport Priority Development Area document.
The PDA marks a major milestone for Southport
Ensuring the delivery of a vibrant CBD